The Health Professionals Management AAS for Pharmacy Technicians is designed to prepare health professionals to expand their knowledge and skill base potentially leading to a supervisory and/or training position. Additional credits, based on professional experience and other courses completed, may be applied on a case-by-case basis, not to exceed 45 credits total. Contact the appropriate instructional administrator for further details.
There are two ways to complete the Health Professionals Management AAS:
- Individuals who hold certification as a Pharmacy Technician may be able to apply credits of their prior learning experiences toward the credits needed toward the completion of this AAS degree. Contact the Pharmacy Technician Program Coordinator for further details.
- The traditional route of completing all courses.
Health Professionals Management AAS - with Prior Learning Experience
Students who have successfully passed the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) exam or the Exam for the Certification of Pharmacy Technicians (ExCPT) qualify for credit for prior learning and should contact the Program Coordinator or appropriate instructional administrator for more information.
The following courses will be accepted as completed based on current Pharmacy Technician Certification:
The following courses may be accepted as completed based on current Pharmacy Technician Certification:
Remaining program required technical courses (27 credits):
Remaining program required general education courses (minimum 16 credits):
- English Communication (6 credits)
- Mathematics (3 – 4 credits)
- Social Science (3 credits)
- Humanities (1 credit)
- Science (3-5 credits)
Health Professionals Management AAS – Traditional Path (no Prior Learning)
Not all courses are offered each semester. Students should work with an academic advisor to develop a schedule that will work for them. Students planning to transfer should check the transfer institution’s requirements/guides or discuss their options with an academic advisor. Number of credits may vary depending on the course selection.
Schoolcraft program code # AAS.00229
Download the Curriculum Guide (PDF)
Total Credits: 63-67
* Students planning to transfer should check the transfer institution's requirements/guides or discuss their options with an academic advisor.