Computer Aided Design - CAD 120
Mechanical Blueprint Reading with Sketching
3 Credit Hours2 Lecture Hours1 Laboratory Hours
This course is designed to introduce the student to the basic concepts and standard practices necessary for the graphical communication of technical data, which includes the reading and interpretation of engineering drawings and technical sketching. Topics introduced include orthographic projection, pictorials, sectioning, auxiliary views, dimension and tolerance practices and various symbols.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Explain an orthographic drawing.
- Interpret section views of a drawing.
- Interpret auxiliary views of a drawing.
- Apply dimensions and tolerance.
- Interpret notes of a drawing.
- Perform arithmetic operations for dimensional and tolerance stack-ups.
- Demonstrate the ability to read a metric scale.
- Demonstrate the ability to read an inch scale.
- Construct 2D orthographic sketches.
- Summarize title block information.
- Decipher basic surface finish symbols.
- Decipher basic welding symbols.
- Calculate fit information and limit of size of holes and shafts.
- Identify Geometric Dimension and Tolerance symbols.
| ||120||544220||Blueprint Reading||MEC||3||Rochon S||17/24/0||Open||$12.00||T R 10:00 AM-11:26 AM MEC110
| ||120||544225||Blueprint Reading||MEC||3||Rochon S||17/24/0||Open||$12.00||M 10:00 AM-12:52 PM MEC110
| ||120||544254||Blueprint Reading||MEC||3||Williams A||6/24/0||Open||$12.00||T 05:30 PM-08:22 PM MEC110
| ||120||514210||Blueprint Reading||MEC||3||Rochon S||24/24/0||Open||$12.00||T R 12:00 PM-01:20 PM MEC110
| ||120||514256||Blueprint Reading||MEC||3||Williams A||24/24/0||Open||$12.00||M 05:30 PM-08:22 PM MEC110
| ||120||514257||Blueprint Reading||MEC||3||Williams A||24/24/0||Open||$12.00||T 05:30 PM-08:22 PM MEC110
Key: Day of the Week
- T = Tuesday
- R = Thursday
- S = Saturday
- X = Sunday