Culinary Arts - CUL 350
3 Credit Hours3 Lecture Hours
This course prepares the student to manage personnel and equipment to ensure food safety. Students will learn to purchase, receive, store and distribute food supplies and equipment following established sanitation and quality standards. They will utilize HACCP guidelines to protect food during all phases of preparation, holding and transportation. Application of safety and sanitation regulations related to physical resources and routine maintenance inspection of equipment will be covered. Management skills to assure employee compliance, safe workflow, training, proper food production and safe equipment use will be emphasized.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Utilize established sanitation and quality standards to purchase, receive, store and distribute food supplies and equipment.
- Utilize HACCP guidelines to protect food in all phases of preparation, holding, service, cooking and transportation.
- Manage physical facilities to ensure compliance with safety and sanitation regulations.
- Conduct routine maintenance inspection of equipment.
- Develop training materials and procedures for equipment use and maintenance for sanitation.
- Recommend workflow and use of equipment in a culinary establishment for safety and to optimize resources.
- Prepare standardized recipes for food production.
- Develop standards and procedures for preparing food.
- Prescribe the production and distribution of food.
| ||350||140702||Food Safety Mgmt||MC||3||Musto S||26/30/0||Open||$92.00||T 04:00 PM-06:54 PM PE100
Key: Day of the Week
- T = Tuesday
- R = Thursday
- S = Saturday
- X = Sunday