Education-Early Childhood Education - ECE 170
Curriculum, Assessment and Technology
3 Credit Hours3 Lecture Hours
The focus of this course is on understanding curriculum and its development, assessment methodologies and technology use in education. Students will be exposed to educational curricula, best assessment practices and resources for the educator for technology use within the classroom. Students will explore current tools and issues related to technology use in education.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Articulate the definition of curriculum.
- Summarize the role of curriculum development in the educational setting.
- Depict key components of authentic assessment in education.
- Characterize the roles of assessment in educational settings.
- Assess key types of assessment for use in the classroom.
- Defend best practices of assessment in teaching.
- Compare curricula in education.
- Analyze the role of technology as an effective teaching tool in education.
- Outline current technology for developmentally appropriate use in the classroom.
- Interpret issues with technology use in education.
- Analyze the Child Protection Law and Mandated Reporting of Suspected Abuse and Neglect.
- Outline typical ages and stages of development birth through adolescence related to curriculum, assessment and technology.
| ||170||110317||Curr Asess Tech||MC||3||Lisa Keiper||5/24/0||Open||$12.00||S 12:30 PM-03:22 PM LA240
Key: Day of the Week
- T = Tuesday
- R = Thursday
- S = Saturday
- X = Sunday