Education-Early Childhood Education - ECE 280
1 Credit Hours1 Lecture Hours
This course is the final requirement in the Early Childhood Education and Special Needs Para Educator AAS Degree programs. Students will demonstrate competencies in their designated programs of study by creating a portfolio. Students need to contact the Early Childhood and Special Education department to confirm their eligibility to take this course prior to registration.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Illustrate skills and knowledge of the core competencies for educators based upon current professional standards.
- Defend a child behavior management plan that is developmentally appropriate and respectful of the child.
- Create a philosophy statement regarding your role as an educator.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills (written, oral and body language) necessary for educators through the interview process, portfolio presentation and work samples.
- Defend the Child Protection Law and Mandated Reporting of Suspected Abuse and Neglect.
| ||280||110380||Emerging Educator||MC||1||Malafouris E||0/12/1||Closed||$12.00||R 06:00 PM-08:07 PM LA240
Key: Day of the Week
- T = Tuesday
- R = Thursday
- S = Saturday
- X = Sunday