Mathematics - MATH 106
Mathematics for Elementary Teachers 2
4 Credit Hours4 Lecture Hours
This is the second of a two-course sequence designed for students who plan to enter elementary school teaching. The course covers geometry, measurement, statistics and probability. This course requires all students must meet the requirements of a criminal background check.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Solve problems in two- and three-dimensional geometry using multiple strategies, including technological approaches.
- Explain concepts about two- and three-dimensional geometry.
- Solve problems involving measurement and the metric system.
- Explain concepts of measurement and the metric system.
- Solve problems involving length and area.
- Solve problems involving surface area and volume.
- Construct graphs to organize and display data by hand and using technological tools.
- Analyze data using simple statistical methods and technological tools.
- Interpret data and statistical information graphically.
- Apply principles of elementary probability and inference applicable to game and real-world situations.
- Explain methods of probability and inference applicable to game and real-world situations.
- Solve problems involving expected value, odds and conditional probability.
| ||106||143029||Math Elem Teachers 2||MC||4||Rainey A||13/24/0||Open||$12.00||T R 12:00 PM-01:54 PM LA440
| ||106||117820||Math Elem Teachers 2||HYBMC||4||Rainey A||13/24/0||Open||$12.00||M 09:00 AM-10:54 AM WEBWEB
W 09:00 AM-10:54 AM LA440
Key: Day of the Week
- T = Tuesday
- R = Thursday
- S = Saturday
- X = Sunday