Music - MUSIC 168
3 Credit Hours2 Lecture Hours1 Laboratory Hours
The Schoolcraft Synthesizer Ensemble is open to all musicians with keyboard skills, regardless of major field. The ensemble performs original music and transcribed literature of many genres on electronic musical instruments. The group performs several concerts during the semester. Additional Synthesizer credits may be earned in future semesters by enrolling in the following course sequence (one course per semester): MUSIC 169, 268 and 269.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- This course requires an audition prior to registration. Please contact the Music department for details.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Perform transcribed parts in an electronic music ensemble.
- Demonstrate the significance of an individual's role in a performing ensemble.
- Demonstrate the importance of individual preparation for scheduled public performances.
- Participate in group preparation for scheduled public performances.
- Develop technical skills to contribute to the overall quality of the ensemble's performance level.
- Develop musicianship to contribute to the overall quality of the ensemble's performance level.
| ||168||147123||Synthesizer Ensemble 1||RMT||3||Minnick D||12/14/0||Open||$57.00||T 02:30 PM-05:24 PM WEBWEB
| ||168||117122||Synthesizer Ensemble 1||MC||3||Minnick D||9/14/0||Open||$57.00||T 02:30 PM-05:24 PM F300
Key: Day of the Week
- T = Tuesday
- R = Thursday
- S = Saturday
- X = Sunday