Physical Education - PE 115
2 Credit Hours1 Lecture Hours1 Laboratory Hours
Instruction will stress the development of an individual’s aerobic capacity and cardiovascular endurance through aerobic dance and dance exercise.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Explain the concept of aerobics and how it can be applied to daily activity.
- Calculate heart rates, including target heart rate (THR), maximum heart rate (MHR), rate of perceived exertion (RPE), and recovery.
- Advocate the benefits of aerobic training as it pertains to good health.
- Explain various fitness principles as they relate to exercising purposefully and safely.
- Demonstrate knowledge of how to perform aerobic exercises in a safe and effective manner.
- Assess the effects of aerobic dance to other aerobic exercises.
Currently no sections of this class are being offered.
Key: Day of the Week
- T = Tuesday
- R = Thursday
- S = Saturday
- X = Sunday