Quality Management - QM 106
Introduction to Quality Improvement Tools
3 Credit Hours2 Lecture Hours1 Laboratory Hours
This course is an introduction to quality improvement tools used in in business, technology and service industries. The selection, concept, process, interpretation and examples of various popular tools and techniques are covered in lecture and laboratory formats.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Describe the Juran Trilogy and how a systematic cooperative approach to problem solving supports quality improvement initiatives.
- Investigate the major steps of problem solving for quality improvement.
- Demonstrate how a process map is used in quality improvement initiatives.
- Demonstrate how brainstorming is used in quality improvement initiatives.
- Demonstrate how cause-and-effect diagrams are used in quality improvement initiatives.
- Demonstrate how to select and produce common types of graphs and charts.
- Demonstrate Pareto analysis is used in quality improvement initiatives.
- Demonstrate Box plots are used in quality improvement initiatives.
- Describe the role of people in problem solving and the importance of team dynamics.
- Identify the positive and negative factors encountered in consensus decision making.
| ||106||545251||Intro Qual Imprv||MEC||3||Williams A||14/24/0||Open||$12.00||R 06:00 PM-08:52 PM MEC110
Key: Day of the Week
- T = Tuesday
- R = Thursday
- S = Saturday
- X = Sunday