Education-Special Education - SPE 135
3 Credit Hours3 Lecture Hours
The purpose of this course is to acquaint students with concepts and materials related to the education of persons with emotional impairments. The major theories related to causes and treatment of emotional and behavior problems will be covered. Current best practices provide the foundation for studying strategies necessary for working with persons with emotional impairments.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Appraise the major causes of emotional impairments.
- Summarize the major categories of emotional impairments.
- Explain the major theories of child psychopathology.
- Discriminate between emotional health and emotional impairment issues in students.
- Summarize intervention techniques for persons with emotional impairments.
- Outline treatment options for students with behavioral problems.
- Prescribe appropriate materials to use with persons with emotional impairments.
- Verify appropriate behavior management strategies in educational settings for students with emotional impairments.
- Identify the Child Protection Law and Mandated Reporting of Suspected Abuse and Neglect.
| ||135||110335||Emotional Impairment||MC||3||Staff||23/24/0||Open||$12.00||S 09:00 AM-11:52 AM LA230
Key: Day of the Week
- T = Tuesday
- R = Thursday
- S = Saturday
- X = Sunday