Education-Special Education - SPE 155
Special Education Practical Experiences 1
3 Credit Hours2 Lecture Hours1 Off-site Hours with Faculty8 Off-site Hours without Faculty
Students will have a supervised practical field experience working directly with persons with special needs in a special needs setting. Students will complete 120 hours of field experiences. They will integrate classroom knowledge and teaching strategies with practical field experiences working directly with persons with special needs. Michigan Central Registry Clearance by the Michigan Department of Human Services and a current TB test are required for this course. This course requires all students must meet the requirements of a criminal background check.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
(A course to be taken in the same semester as this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Practice observational techniques.
- Identify special education appropriate environments and the materials used by students.
- Assess the physical, cognitive and social/emotional development of children through objective observations.
- Conduct accurate, objective observations which support a thorough and informative case study.
- Demonstrate the special education teaching techniques which promote students' positive self-concepts, cognitive development, responsibility and social competence.
- Exercise professionalism.
- Document the Child Protection Law and Mandated Reporting of Suspected Abuse and Neglect.
- Investigate curriculum offerings within an educational center.
- Show mature decision-making skills.
| ||155||110395||Spe Ed Prac Exper 1||MC||3||Shapero C||15/15/0||Open||$42.00||T 05:30 PM-07:22 PM MC025
Key: Day of the Week
- T = Tuesday
- R = Thursday
- S = Saturday
- X = Sunday