Peer Consulting Options
To ensure availability of services, the Learning Center will offer remote academic support in addition to limited in-person, by-appointment support starting Monday, August 31, 2020.
Our Peer Consultants Can
- Support students with basic grammar, punctuation, and sentence structure.
- Support in peer reviewing, speeches, lab reports, and journal entries.
- Providing clarification/interpretation of written information. This can include reading comprehension and homework explanation.
Remote Drop-in Peer Review
Click below to join virtual environment. For the best experience, use Google Chrome. Once signed in, staff will provide additional guidance:
Learning Center Remote Drop-in
For instructions on how to attend virtual drop-in, please view the User Guide for LC's Remote Drop-in.
Use of remote services requires:
- Internet connection
- Google Chrome browser
- Device(s) with audio and video conferencing capabilities
To ensure quality of services, please consider practicing appropriate netiquette. For tips, view the Netiquette for Remote Learning guide.
View the Remote Access Learning Center schedule for tutoring course offerings, writing support email consultations, and additional resources.
Remote Peer Review by E-mail
Writing Support Studio provides peer guidance on written assignments via email. Once you have submitted your assignment, a Peer Consultant will review and respond with suggestions for revision.
How to send your essay to the Writing Support Studio:
- Subject Line: Writing Help
- In the body of your email include: your full name, student number, professor’s name, and course number.
- Identify your questions, stage in the writing process, and/or perceived needs.
- Provide your instructor's expectations (assignment sheet and/or rubric).
- Share your essay with email@example.com via Google Drive or as an attached Word document.
- Please expect up to a three-day turn around for all online papers.
Appointment-Based On-Campus and Remote Consulting
Our consultants will work with each visitor for approximately one hour at a time. The student may input the suggestions for revision elsewhere and then return to the Writing Support Studio. To schedule an appointment, please contact the Learning Center: 734-462-4436.
To the students visiting the Writing Support Studio
- Bring all work in process.
- Provide instructor’s directions and rubric.
- Visit the Writing Support Studio well in advance of your deadline.