Academic Forgiveness

Students can seek Academic Forgiveness for coursework completed more than 10 years ago if they have completed at least an additional 12 Schoolcraft credit hours at or above a cumulative 2.0 GPA.

Academic Forgiveness may be granted for:

  • one semester or session’s worth of work (regardless of the number of credits)
  • A total of 12 credit hours total over several semesters or sessions.

Academic Forgiveness can only be granted once and is non-reversible once it is granted. Due to federal regulations the Financial Aid office does not acknowledge Academic Forgiveness when determining eligibility for aid. Transfer institutions may or may not acknowledge Academic Forgiveness.

Written request for consideration for Academic Forgiveness must be filed by the student, signed by the student’s academic advisor, and submitted to the Registrar for consideration.  Forgiveness will not be issued for courses with grades of 1.0 or higher, withdrawals, NS grades, Incomplete grades, Audits and repeated courses.