Veterans in Manufacturing Assistance Fund
This fund will provide short-term assistance to Schoolcraft College Veteran and Military Students taking coursework in the Manufacturing and Technology Pathway*.
Credit students must:
- have completed 6 credit hours at Schoolcraft College.
- have a minimum GPA of 2.0.
- present proof of active military service or honorable or general discharge.
- demonstrate financial need that is a barrier to education.
- have completed or be registered for coursework in the Manufacturing and Technology Pathway*.
- Veteran/Military student may receive tuition-free training, such as the Industrial Readiness Certificate Program courses, which are designer to prepare individuals for entry-level Advanced Manufacturing jobs.
Questions about the fund can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling the Veteran Resource Center at 734-462-4352.
Download the Flyer
* Manufacturing, Computer Aided Design (CAD), Computer Information Systems/IT. Electronics, Biomedical Engineering Technology, Mechatronics, Plastic Technology, Metallurgy/Materials Science, Pre-Engineering, Quality Management and Welding Technology
**Made possible by a generous grant from Cooper Standard, a leading supplier of systems and components for the automotive industry.
Mason's Veteran Retention Assistance Fund
Thanks to the generous donation from the Masons, the Veteran Resource Center has launched the “Mason's Veteran Retention Assistance Fund”. The fund will be used to provide short term assistance to Schoolcraft student veterans meeting the criteria listed below:
- Must have completed 6 credit hours at Schoolcraft College
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.0
- Present proof of active military service or honorable or general discharge
- Demonstrate financial need that is a barrier to education (Examples: Car repairs that may prevent you from getting to class, school supplies, food costs, utility bills, childcare, interview attire, etc.)
- Application process will require a meeting with a representative from the Veterans Resource Center
- Awards will be determined on a case-by-case basis