Steps for Enrollment

New Students and Transfer Students

Apply for Admission

Applying for admission is the first step toward enrolling in college as a new student . Your application can be completed online in just a few minutes. Apply.

Submit Transcript

First Year Students:   Request your high school transcripts  be sent electronically after completing your first semester of your senior year of high school, or after your final semester of high school if you have already graduated. The quickest and easiest way to have your high school transcripts sent to us is through the Parchment Exchange.The same process applies to GED scores.

Transfer Students:  You may submit a student copy of your college transcripts in order to be admitted. Official transcripts must be sent directly from the transfer institution to Schoolcraft College for review of courses that may be used toward your degree.
Instructions on submitting transcripts.

Submit Your Test Scores

First Year Students: Submit SAT/ACT Scores if taken within the last three years. Request your scores be sent to Schoolcraft College (SAT Code 1764, ACT code 2070) or upload scores in your Schoolcraft My Account under supplemental items. 
Take placement tests in the Schoolcraft Testing Center. Testing is offered on a walk-in basis during regular hours. Approximate time to complete the testing is 1 1/2 hours. This test is not a timed test and should be completed thoroughly at your own pace.  Photo identification is required at the time of testing.

Apply for VA Educational Benefits

Apply for and manage benefits that may help you pay for college and training programs.

Montgomery GI Bill® - Chapters 33, 30, 1606, 35, or Vocational Rehabilitation (Chapter 31)


Federal Tuition Assistance (FTA)

If you are a transfer student and have used your benefits at another institution, you must update your VA Educational Records by submitting a Request for Change of Program or Place of Training to designate Schoolcraft College as your current institution.   VA Form 22-1995

Apply for Financial Aid

A college education is one of the most important investments anyone can make. Schoolcraft College understands that students often need help to finance their education. Financial aid programs can provide students with options that may assist them in meeting educational expenses and achieving their educational goals.  Application for FASFA (Federal Student Aid).

Meet with a representative in the Veterans Resource Center

The Veterans Services advisor will discuss program goals, help you register for classes, and certify your credits with the VA.  Additional paperwork will be completed at this meeting.  Please bring a copy of your DD214.  If you were deployed overseas, transfer credit may be awarded.

Certification Process

Once you have registered for your classes, you must submit a Request for Certification Form in order for your credits to be certified with the VA if you are using Chapters 33, 30, 35, 1606, or 31.  This form must be filled out every semester following registration of classes.  If you do not submit the Request for Certification form, your classes will be dropped after 3 business days. The Request for Certification form can be found here.


  • Chapter 30, 35, and 1606:  Payment of tuition and fees must be paid within 3 business days of registration. 
  • Chapter 33 or 31:  Payment of tuition and fees is paid by the VA based on your benefit eligibility.  You are responsible for any portion not covered by your VA benefits.
  • FTA or MINGSTAP:  Eligible charges only will be invoiced to your respective branch of service or the State of Michigan by the office of Student Accounts.

VA Compliance

  • In accordance with Public Law 115-251, any individual using educational assistance under the following chapters: Chapter 30 (Montgomery GI Bill® – Active Duty Program), Chapter 31 (Vocational Rehabilitation), Chapter 33 (Post – 9/11 GI Bill®), of Title 38, United States Code, The Marine Gunnery Sergeant John David Fry Scholarship (38 U.S.C. § 3311 (b) (9)), Chapter 35 (Survivors’ and Dependents’ Educational Assistance Program) and Chapter 1606 of Title 10 U.S.C. (Montgomery GI Bill® - Selected Reserve) who lives in the State of Michigan while attending Schoolcraft College will be charged in-state tuition rates (regardless of his/her formal state of residence).

  • Schoolcraft College complies with Title 38 United States Code Section 3679(e) under which covered individuals (i.e. any individual who is entitled to educational assistance under Chapter 31, Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment, or Chapter 33, Post-9/11 GI Bill® benefits) can attend or participate in the course of education during the period beginning on the date on which the individual provides to the educational institution a certificate of eligibility for entitlement to educational assistance under Chapters 31 or 33 (a “certificate of eligibility” can also include a “Statement of Benefits” obtained from the Department of Veterans Affairs’ (VA) website - eBenefits, or a VA form 28-1905 for Chapter 31 authorization purposes) and ending on the earlier of the following dates:

    1.  The date on which payment from the VA is made to the institution.
    2.  90 days after the date the institution certified tuition and fees following the receipt of the certificate of eligibility.

    Schoolcraft College will not impose any penalty, including the assessment of late fees, the denial of access to classes, libraries, or other institutional facilities, or the requirement that a covered individual borrow additional funds, or any covered individual because of the individual’s inability to meet his or her financial obligations to the institution due to the delayed disbursement of funding from VA under Chapters 31 or 33.

    Covered individuals wanting to use their educational benefits at Schoolcraft College are required to submit a completed and signed Veterans Request for Certification Form available in the Veterans Resource Center. Additionally, covered individuals may be required to provide additional information as necessary to properly certify enrollment.