Accounting - ACCT 206
3 Credit Hours1 Lecture Hours12/40 Off-site Hours without Faculty
This is an applied course within Occupational Programs specializing in the field of accountancy and is a cooperative assignment for students who have completed the prerequisites for this course. Employment will be approximately 12 to 40 hours per week off-campus at the employer's location within an accounting department. The final grade will be based on a joint evaluation by the faculty and the employer. Students registered in this internship course are considered Schoolcraft College students with all rights, responsibilities and privileges of a student. Internships may be paid or unpaid based upon placement. Department permission is required before registering for this course. The selection of eligible students to register for the course is a competitive process that includes testing, submission of a resume with a cover letter and interviews.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- ACCT 201 with a minimum grade of 3.0 and consent of department and an overall GPA of 2.5.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Analyze business transactions.
- Perform basic accounting functions.
- Maintain accounting records.
- Perform account reconciliations.
- Apply internal control procedures used within the accounting department.
- Evaluate the internal control environment of the organization.
- Relate with staff in a respectful and collaborative manner.
- Perform duties in a professional manner (i.e., dress, professional ethics, work ethic and formal communications).
- Perform other accounting or business duties as assigned by supervisor.
| ||206||117401||Acct Internship||MC||3||Randall M||3/3/0||Open||$12.00||
Key: Day of the Week
- T = Tuesday
- R = Thursday
- S = Saturday
- X = Sunday