Business - BUS 122
3 Credit Hours3 Lecture Hours
This course focuses on the information and skills required to create effective advertising. The student will learn to recognize effective advertising and gain an appreciation for the challenges advertisers face in trying to reach target audiences. The course also concentrates on market research, media strategy, integrated marketing communication and the impact of advertising on consumer behavior.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- ENG 101 or may be taken concurrently or minimum score of 18 ACT-English, 25 SAT-Writing and Language, 71 CPT-Sentence Skills or 250 NGA-Writing.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Analyze the impact of advertising on consumer behavior.
- Apply the requirements for effective advertising.
- Outline a market research plan for an approved business.
- Determine the effectiveness of various marketing communication methods.
- Assess various forms of media available for advertising.
- Determine the appropriate advertising strategy for an approved business.
- Create effective advertising.
- Develop advertising strategies for the global marketplace.
- Explore business ethics and social responsibility in advertising practices.
| ||122||112383||Advertising||ONL||3||Derderian H||0/31/1||Closed||$12.00||
| ||122||112326||Advertising||ONL||3||Ontko S||1/31/0||Open||$12.00||
| ||122||112621||Advertising||MC||3||Ontko S||12/30/0||Open||$12.00||T R 10:30 AM-11:50 AM HS820
Key: Day of the Week
- T = Tuesday
- R = Thursday
- S = Saturday
- X = Sunday