Computer Information Systems - CIS 255
3 Credit Hours3 Lecture Hours
This course is designed to prepare students to administer and support Linux computers in accordance with recommendations of the Linux Professional Institute's LPIC-1, Linux Administrator certification as well as the CompTIA Linux+ certification. A hands-on approach to common Linux applications is used and include Linux fundamentals, maintenance tasks on the command line, installation and configuration of Linux and basic network configurations.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- Basic knowledge of computer hardware and software.
- CIS 115 or
- CNT 133 .
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Configure hardware settings using appropriate files and utilities.
- Manage Linux boot settings.
- Handle installation of the Linux operating system and packages.
- Manage files, settings and processes using the command line.
- Configure file and storage features.
- Write basic bash scripts.
- Configure the X user interface.
- Handle administrative tasks using automation when appropriate.
- Explore various aspects of networking, security and integrity of a Linux OS environment.
| ||255||142789||Intro Linux||ONL||3||Cesarz M||9/20/0||Open||$12.00||
| ||255||142820||Intro Linux||RMT||3||Murray D||4/24/0||Open||$52.00||R 01:00 PM-03:52 PM WEBWEB
| ||255||112703||Intro Linux||ONL||3||Murray D||31/31/0||Open||$12.00||
Key: Day of the Week
- T = Tuesday
- R = Thursday
- S = Saturday
- X = Sunday