Education-Early Childhood Education - ECE 120
3 Credit Hours3 Lecture Hours
The purpose of this course is to introduce students to the stages of creative development in children. Open-ended processes, multi-media materials and creative activities across the arts curriculum that are appropriate for children and persons with developmental challenges will be emphasized. Students will be exposed to the importance of the arts and aesthetic environments related to the educational experience.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
(A course to be taken in the same semester as this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Relate creativity and aesthetics to basic goals for art education programs.
- Construct open-ended, process-oriented creative activities for students, including persons with developmental challenges.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the value of using multi-media materials in the arts curriculum.
- Investigate art and social/emotional development of children, including persons with developmental challenges.
- Investigate art and physical/cognitive development of children, including persons with developmental challenges.
- Analyze the importance of creativity for children, including persons with developmental challenges.
- Illustrate the Child Protection Law and Mandated Reporting of Suspected Abuse and Neglect.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the creative developmental levels of art in students.
- Depict typical ages and stages of children birth through middle childhood.
| ||120||140350||Creative Activities||RMT||3||Couture D||19/30/0||Open||$42.00||T 05:00 PM-08:38 PM WEBWEB
| ||120||140313||Creative Activities||RMT||3||Malafouris E||7/30/0||Open||$42.00||T 08:30 AM-11:22 AM WEBWEB
Key: Day of the Week
- T = Tuesday
- R = Thursday
- S = Saturday
- X = Sunday