English - ENG 55
3 Credit Hours3 Lecture Hours
This course is designed to prepare students for composition courses. The course focuses on the writing process, paragraph development, revision and grammar. Students will enhance their writing and editing skills.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- ENG 50 with a minimum grade of 2.0 or minimum score of 15 ACT-English, 22 SAT-Writing and Language, 51 CPT-Sentence Skills or 237 NGA-Writing.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Use brainstorming, clustering or outlining to generate and organize ideas.
- Use basic paragraph structure.
- Create effective topic and concluding sentences.
- Employ different strategies in writing well organized paragraphs including but not limited to description, narration, comparison/contrast, classification, cause and effect and/or illustration.
- Apply conventional punctuation accurately to a variety of sentences.
- Develop vocabulary skills to achieve college level diction.
- Revise writing for errors in usage, sentence structure, word choice and manuscript format.
- Edit paragraphs for errors in usage, sentence structure, word choice and manuscript format.
- Develop critical thinking skills.
| ||055||111507||Bldg Writing Skills||MC||3||Schell D||2/24/0||Open||$12.00||T R 10:00 AM-11:20 AM LA310
| ||055||111511||Bldg Writing Skills||MC||3||Schell D||1/24/0||Open||$12.00||T R 01:00 PM-02:20 PM LA470
| ||055||111558||Bldg Writing Skills||RMT||3||Schell D||0/30/15||Closed||$12.00||T 06:00 PM-08:54 PM WEBWEB
Key: Day of the Week
- T = Tuesday
- R = Thursday
- S = Saturday
- X = Sunday