Welding - WELD 205
2 Credit Hours1 Lecture Hours1 Laboratory Hours
Welders print reading provides detailed information to help welding students develop skills necessary to interpret working sketches and prints common to the welding/metalworking field. In addition, the welding student will gain knowledge in how to interpret conventional drafting symbology and specialized welding symbols and will have the opportunity to perform welds on test plates that are indicated by the welding symbols.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Identify parts of a metalworking print.
- Illustrate welding symbols both common and specialized.
- Analyze welding symbols and abbreviations for job completion.
- Identify different types of metal by its surface condition.
- Produce welds specified by welding symbols.
- Determine welding processes required for any specific welding application.
- Identify various pipe joints.
| ||205||513814||Welders Print Reading||MEC||2||Neilson D||0/14/0||Closed||$87.00||F 10:00 AM-10:54 AM MEC255
F 11:00 AM-11:53 AM MEC255
Key: Day of the Week
- T = Tuesday
- R = Thursday
- S = Saturday
- X = Sunday