Schoolcraft College students who plan to pursue a bachelor’s degree can apply for the 2021 Jack Kent Cooke Undergraduate Transfer Scholarship. This is the largest undergraduate, private scholarship in the United States, worth up to $40,000 per year.
“The selection process for these awards is rigorous and highly competitive, with approximately 60 scholarships awarded each year out of thousands of applicants,” said Dr. Laurie Kattuah-Snyder, Dean of Student Success and Partnerships. “Schoolcraft College, however, has had six Jack Kent Cooke Scholars over the past few years, so we definitely encourage our students who plan to transfer to a four-year school to apply.”
Applicants must meet all of these qualifications:
- Be a current student with sophomore status by January 1, 2021.
- Plan to enroll full time in a baccalaureate program at an accredited college or university in fall 2021.
- Have a cumulative undergraduate grade point average of 3.5 or better.
- Demonstrate significant unmet financial need.
- Have not previously enrolled at or attended a four-year institution.
- Apply by January 6, 2021.
Students can take advantage of an information session on Zoom to help prepare their applications:
- Friday, Oct. 16, 10:00-11:00 a.m., Zoom
- Students can learn more about the Jack Kent Cooke Undergraduate Transfer Scholarship through these links: