Learning, of course, is the goal of any college experience. Part of that education means familiarizing yourself with some unfamiliar terms. Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
As part of an occasional series, we’ll explain phrases, lingo or topics to add to your college vocabulary. We call it “Say What?” If there’s a topic you’d like to see covered, please send suggestions to email@example.com.
Today we’ll learn about WebAdvisor, which is essentially your portal to take care of everything Schoolcraft College.
What is it?
WebAdvisor is a secure online interface that provides access to important Schoolcraft College information systems and processes to assist you.
With WebAdvisor you can:
- Register for and drop classes
- Use Student Planning to explore your options
- View and print your class schedule
- View grades and unofficial transcripts
- Check your progress toward graduation
- Explore transfer options and credit equivalency
- View your financial aid status
- Make payments on financial obligations
- Communicate with your advisor
- Request official transcripts
- Apply for graduation
- Update your information and profile
So as you can see, any Schoolcraft College business – academic or otherwise – is conducted through WebAdvisor. Faculty and staff use WebAdvisor as well.
You will need to know your student identification number (User ID) and your birthdate (Password) to log in the first time. Use your birthdate in 6-digit format as your initial password. For example, July 1, 1972, is 070172.
Then you will be asked to create a new, unique password for your security for future visits to WebAdvisor.
When is WebAdvisor available?
The typical hours of operation are:
- Monday through Saturday: 2:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.
- Sundays: 2:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Is my personal information within WebAdvisor secure?
Yes, information found within WebAdvisor is secured with 128-bit encryption, the highest in the industry. The information within WebAdvisor should be considered confidential. Also, do not share your WebAdvisor user ID and password with anyone and always log out of WebAdvisor when you are finished.