The Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society, the official honor society for community colleges, is accepting applications for 2021-22 officers. This is a great opportunity for members and potential members to apply for a leadership position with the largest organization on campus.
Schoolcraft College’s Omicron Iota Chapter of Phi Theta Kappa International Honor Society has achieved 5 Star Chapter Status, the highest that can be attained.
Reasons to apply include:
- $1,000 scholarship for officers ($500 for the fall semester and $500 for the winter semester 2020-21)
- Hands-on professional experience
- Funded trips across the state and country
- Enhanced academic resume
- Fellowship with leaders, members and the community
Officer positions are:
- Vice President
- Vice President of Leadership
- Vice President of Service
- Vice President of Communications
- Vice President of Scholarship
To join Phi Theta Kappa, a student needs a GPA of 3.5 or higher and have completed 12 credit hours above the 100 level.
To fill out an officer or member application, visit the Student Activities Office in Lower Waterman of the VisTaTech Center. For more information, call the Student Activities Office at 734-462-4422 or email email@example.com.
The deadline to apply for an officer position is 5 p.m. on Wednesday, March 31.
About Phi Theta Kappa:
- Phi Theta Kappa (PTK) recognizes the academic achievement of college students and provides opportunities for its members to grow as scholars and leaders.
- Established in 1918, Phi Theta Kappa has a presence on almost 1,300 community college campuses in 11 nations.
- The American Association of Community Colleges (AACC) recognized Phi Theta Kappa as the official honor society for two-year colleges in 1929.
- More than 3.5 million students have been inducted since 1918, with approximately 250,000 active members in the nation’s community colleges, making Phi Theta Kappa a true catalyst among members and colleges.