For the five types of credit bearing credentials, Schoolcraft College has a standard range of credits shown below:
- Skills Certificate Program (CRT): 16-20 credits
- Certificate Program (1YC): 21-48 credits*
- Associate Degree (AA, AAS, etc.): 60-78 credits
- Post Associate Certificate (PAC): 9-20 credits
- Bachelor Degree (BS, BA, BAS): Minimum 120 credits
*It is the goal of the institution to represent all certificate programs (1YC) with a minimum of 30 credits unless the requirements or needs of an area of study require a variance from this standard. In those cases, the 21-48 credit hour distribution will be maintained.