Student Success Workshops
Learning Support Services offers student success workshops remotely via live-webinars and in person. Online workshops can be accessed using your desktop, laptop, tablet, or mobile device – from home, school, workplace, or anywhere with internet access. Face coverings required for in-person attendance.
JumpStart offers preparatory math and english workshops prior to the start of the semester. Workshops are facilitated by Learning Support Services staff and Schoolcraft College faculty.
For more information and for a schedule of upcoming workshops, visit the JumpStart webpage.
Final Exams Review prepares students for upcoming finals in Math, English as a Second Language, and more, through our extended tutoring hours and structured sessions. Structured sessions are facilitated by Learning Support Services staff, and Schoolcraft College faculty.
For more information and for a schedule of upcoming workshops, visit the Final Exams Review webpage.
Tips for Attending Workshops
- Google Chrome recommended for optimal webinar quality
- To attend webinar, click on the link provided above. Log in begins 30 minutes prior
- Sign in online when prompted by workshop support staff
- Ask questions! Utilize the webinar group-chat to actively engage with peers and staff
- Review the location of the workshop in advance
- Arrive 15 minutes prior to your session time and sign in to the event
- Bring notes, your session packet, and questions to engage with the facilitator
- Raise your hand if you have questions
Success Strategies for Remote Learners
Are you new to the remote learning environment? Join the learning support staff as we discuss strategies for success. We will share information about resources for remote learners and answer questions regarding technology.
View Seminar Slides (PDF)