Business - BUS 217
3 Credit Hours3 Lecture Hours
This course provides an overview of the skills and processes used in business management. The major focus will be on the management process which includes the following functions: planning and decision making, organizing, leading and controlling. We will explore topics including historical management perspectives, business structures and environments and organizational communication. We will also discuss the various levels at which managers operate and examine the skills necessary to accomplish the related tasks.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- BUS 101 .
- ENG 101 or minimum score of 22 ACT-English, 29 SAT-Writing and Language, 108 CPT-Sentence Skills or 276 NGA-Writing.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Relate historical management perspectives to current practice.
- Explore the structure and environments in which managers operate.
- Outline the role of planning and strategy in an organization.
- Apply various perspectives on decision making to business conditions.
- Outline the elements involved in the evolution of an organization.
- Explore management challenges related to human resources.
- Relate the role of leadership to motivational techniques.
- Illustrate the process of organizational communication.
- Examine the components involved in the effective management of operations.
| ||217||142395||Business Management||ONL||3||Simo T||1/31/0||Open||$12.00||
| ||217||142347||Business Management||ONL||3||Mellnick G||2/31/0||Open||$12.00||
| ||217||142626||Business Management||RMT||3||Mazur B||17/30/0||Open||$12.00||F 12:00 PM-02:52 PM WEBWEB
| ||217||142673||Business Management||RMT||3||Matthews J||25/30/0||Open||$12.00||T 06:00 PM-08:52 PM WEBWEB
| ||217||112390||Business Management||ONL||3||McCartney J||27/31/0||Open||$12.00||
| ||217||112347||Business Management||ONL||3||Mellnick G||2/31/0||Open||$12.00||
| ||217||112677||Business Management||MC||3||Matthews J||27/32/0||Open||$12.00||T 06:30 PM-09:22 PM BTC370
Key: Day of the Week
- T = Tuesday
- R = Thursday
- S = Saturday
- X = Sunday