Computer Information Systems - CIS 274
3 Credit Hours3 Lecture Hours
This course is designed to prepare students to administer small to medium-sized mixed networks with Linux operating systems in accordance with recommendations of the Linux Professional Institute's LPIC-2, Linux Engineer certification. Students will cover topics integral to administering larger networks such as system administration, storage, networking, security and fundamental services.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Evaluate system resources and capacity.
- Handle administrative and troubleshooting tasks associated with the Linux kernel.
- Handle administrative and support tasks related to system startup, recovery and file systems.
- Configure advanced storage and networking features.
- Perform system maintenance.
- Configure network infrastructure services.
- Configure services for network client management.
- Implement services important to system and network security.
- Handle system administration in a secure manner.
Currently no sections of this class are being offered.
Key: Day of the Week
- T = Tuesday
- R = Thursday
- S = Saturday
- X = Sunday